Sunday, March 6, 2011

is this our meet cute?

My first post back after a longer absence than I intended was supposed to be all about the perfect weekend I just spent with my moma and the Popster.  I'm sort of pleased to have a new, more immediate blogging need crop up (though I'll get back to my moma, the Popster, and perfection one day soon).

About forty-five minutes from the end of my drive home tonight, I got a text from my blogging brother saying the first thing I had to do upon arriving home was read FHDM's latest blog post.  (Yes, I read the text while driving.  I'm sorry.)  I couldn't imagine anything short of an engagement announcement would create such an immediate need, so I was in a bit of a wondering state for the last leg of my drive, but it very handily kept me more awake and alert than my recent audio-book-love revival could.

I was relieved and excited to discover that the post, rather than dashing my future marital prospects, gave me an opportunity to win a copy of one of FHDM's books.  My first thought was that I already owned that book and that I might be too sleepy to post something just to get a free book.  My second thought was that receiving gifts is not my love language so it wouldn't really matter if FHDM gave me a book for free, but it's FHDM we're talking about here, imaginary readers.  I'm pretty sure any respectable soulmate would never allow fatigue or a mild obsession with love languages to stand in the way of future happiness, so here I am posting a video and providing an amazon link to the freshly released paperback version of the only of FHDM's books that I haven't read.  Never mind that I already own a hardback copy.  Never mind that I've owned said copy for more than a year and still not read it.

A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: How I Learned to Live a Better Story

Maybe I'll give my copy away.  Maybe I'll keep the paperback for sentimental reasons and let someone have my very unused hardback.  I secretly prefer paperbacks anyway.  Maybe I'll take so long getting the video embedded and correcting my spelling mistakes that I won't be among the first thirty anyway.  But in soulmate affairs (no, not that kind of affair), one must always try.  So here goes:


What story are you telling? from Rhetorik Creative on Vimeo.

I'd also like to add that my admiration for FHDM (obviously) goes much deeper than the physical, but I do think he's kind of adorable in this video.  He has crinkly eyes, and I love that about him.  I'd still want to be his FWES without the eye crinkles, but I'm considering them the icing on the cake.

1 comment:

what do you think?